Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Revisitng the past at Santa's Village


I recently took a trip down memory lane...this time at Santa's Village which has now reopened after nearly 20 years. Nestled in the San Bernardino Mountains in a little town of Sky forest, just north of Lake Arrowhead, Santa's Village was once the go to spot year-round for a dose of Christmas cheer and fun. Decked out with Santa's very own home and workshop, a gingerbread house and toy store, the park reopened it's doors like it once did in 1955! I myself had numerous great memories at this park with my parents. This time I brought my mother along for the fun.












The one thing you will notice is that the buildings have been updated and are now all neutral colors which I don't prefer to be honest. I remember loving the bright and kitschy colors that decked the buildings. It gave it that "Toyland" feel. It's much more modern and plain...but still very beautiful. A lot of the old rides have been removed...like the Bumble Bee ride, which was the absolute best! Of course...no one could ever forget the Mushrooms! Those were like a ride itself...you would jump on them and off of them as a kid. Those, thankfully stayed. Admission includes a visit to Santa himself and access to the beautiful ice skating rink. I am a child at heart so of course I was ecstatic to see Santa and Mrs. Claus. If you feel just the same as me...go! It is a beautiful site to see, and located in a beautiful pocket of the mountains.

Located on scenic Rim of the World Highway (California State Route 18) in the city of Skyforest.
http://skyparksantasvillage.com

No comments:

Post a Comment