Monday, March 20, 2017

Museum Mice

The hubby and I had a weekend filled with local museums. We visited two local gems...the San Bernardino County Museum and The Lincoln Shrine Memorial, both in Redlands, California.
I was decked out in an awesome planet/outer-space print dress by Retrolicious. I was the lucky winner of their recent Instagram contests. I was so excited since I never win anything...especially not a dress I have been drooling over for some time now. (Review on this dress coming later!)

We first headed down to the San Bernardino County Museum. There was a Mid-Century Modern Architecture exhibit we wanted to see and it was well worth it. The museum is snuggled in Redlands, located next to the gorgeous Victorian home known as the Edwards Mansion. The museum features quaint exhibits ranging from local history to dinosaurs!








The second museum we ventured to was the Lincoln Shrine museum in Redlands. This museum was a true hidden gem for me. I must have driven past that museum numerous times and never gave it a second thought. There is also an adjacent library on the premises. Perfect for me, right? The Lincoln Shrine building gives the illusion of an observatory with it's distinctive dome at the front center of the museum. The location is small but packs in quite a bit of history pertaining all to the Civil War and Lincoln. Both the hubby and I are history buffs...so this detour in our day was a true treat. I recommend it to anyone in the area. You won't be sorry!




No comments:

Post a Comment