Sunday, January 29, 2012

A day of Thrifting!

The other day I went thrifting around the neighborhood...which is what I do every week for my online vintage shop. This time I wanted to really take extra time for myself. So I wanted to share with ya'll some of the goodies I found....

I got ready with a chiffon scarf headband, my vintage 49er Pendleton jacket, my Atomic pin from thecraveyard.com and my vintage 50s princess glasses (yes they are perscription)


As I got to my usual thirft store, the local news station was interviewing people on why they choose to shop at the thrift store...sure enough the host said "You look like you like to be on camera!"  Well, they ended up interviewing me..and once it is up I will be blogging about the interview and posting the video.

I found a number of good finds...the first was a vintage Disneyland Mug from probably the 1950s or 1960s but it definitely came FrontierLand!


This now goes perfectly with my vintage inspired cookie jars from Disneyland. These were purchased at the 50th anniversary celebration at Disneyland! I am only missing one! They represent each land from Disneyland with the original 50s feel.  The mug was only .99 cents!
 (Can you geuss which land is missing from my collection?)

Another thing to add to my Disneyland obsession....I mean Collection.. is this lovely Vintage Disneyland ashtray. It was only $1.50!
I really felt like I was stealing today because of these insane low prices!



I also came across this lovely Wicker, woven 50s 60s Purse with a Lucite handle. I have been collecting wicker and woven straw purses for some time now...not like all the other vintage gals with their lucite purses! =) Just kidding... I picked up this purse for only $4!



I also found these lovely pieces of vintage jewelry. The necklace reminds me of a piece worn by Lucille Ball in I Love Lucy...she wore the EXACT same kind of necklace with her little black dress or black turtle neck. I couldn't pass this one up! I also found these lovely pair of clip on atomic earrings. They have a rhinestone in the middle, while the outsides are wire petals in cream and teal blue.  The necklace was $2 and the earrings were only .99 cents!

And the last piece I found was a much needed plastic 50s 60s shelf unit for the Bathroom! It is so cute! It is all cream with gold acorns along the postings! I found this bad boy for only $1.49!!!! I was $2.99 and they gave it to me for half-off!



It was truly a lovely day to go thrifting! Hopefully next week I have more goodies to share with you while on my thrifting adventures!
You can check out the lovely dresses I found at my ebay shop : (click the link below)


2 comments:

  1. Aww you look adorable! I love your glasses! they look so cute on yo. i love your disney collection by the way. I can't wait to see what other finds you come across.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You are so sweet! I will definitely be posting more of my findings. =)

      Delete