Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My 55 Pontiac...Lucy

So I wanted to share with all of you whom don't already know me...my car is my BABY! I wanted to share a little history about my baby whom I properly named Lucy.

She is a black 1955 Pontiac Starchief. She is the exact same car from the I Love Lucy episode where they travel from New York to California! (Excluding the Convertible Top)

"California Here I come!"



I was on the look out for this car for MANY MANY years...and one day on Myspace I saw someone on my friend list was getting rid of theirs for dirt cheap. Sure enough within a week it was in my driveway. That car has been mine for going on 8 years now..and I will never forget the day I got it ALL by myself without any help from anyone...the funny thing is...they were selling it the week of my birthday...so it worked out perfectly!

When I met the love of my life, Albrech, he was on the look out for his next classic and sure enough he ended up finding the missing piece to our classic car collection...and well, Lucy Obssession as well. He found the same Mercury that comes out in "The Long, Long Trailer" which stars Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz...







2 comments:

  1. That color blue on a car is wooonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I was really considering painting my car blue...but it is such a big decision. So hard! =)

    ReplyDelete